-
March 26th, 2005, 06:54 PM
#1
Hostboard Member
Hi,
I've got two sets of a7 cabinets. One set is loaded with 421a's and 511s w/ 802d's. I've found that the best placement in my small listening room is in the corners.
My question is:
Has any one modified an A7 to sit at a 45 degree angle to both the back and side walls.
For this i would just cut both back corners off of each speaker, then brace and seal with plywood. All of the cabinets that I have are old and worn, so the loss of a cab if it doesn't sound good is minimal. The resuluting footprint would resemble that of an Aristocrat. this something that I've been thinking about doing for several months.
Any advice, comments or question would be apprieciated,
Dwayne B
Pinellas Park FL
-
March 26th, 2005, 11:33 PM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
You might want to check out this excellent article on optimizing A-7 cabs first for the volume, port, and bracing recommendations.
Small Classic "Voice of the Theater" Systems by Jim Dickinson
Should work in theory as long as the volume is close, but there may be some less obvious problems with the geometry. Might be worth trying one.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks